Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rainbow ski area

On Wednesday I went to Rainbow ski area for the day. It took 2 hours to get to the ski area but we got there before the end of the day (I got rather sick on the way there by the way). When we arrived, dad went to hire some skis for me and mum. When I had my ski gear on, dad showed mum, Ed and me how to move around on skis (my dad used to be a ski instructor in Queenstown but he soon came back to Nelson). I soon started to go down the beginners slope (not from the top) but I would often fall over. I had a little break and had some morning tea and watched dad go down Goats track ( which is the tallest slope of all). I saw a kea while I ate except it wouldn't fly away. My brother got sick so we had to pack up and go home. I had a really cool time!

No comments:

Post a Comment